To provide a creative and innovative online editorial service by overseeing the creation and development of content for websites, and supporting and managing publishers, editors and journalists across a broad range of subject areas.
· Understand and articulate the best way of writing for the web to ensure that the client is fully informed of the process at all times.
· Create rolling content plans or editorial plans for both in-house and partner websites to ensure that plans are both realistic and achievable.
· Manage and build relationships with partners, third-party content providers and freelance contributors.
· Manage the outsourcing and licensing of content to ensure that this is delivered within cost and time constraints.
· Create and develop new publishing concepts to ensure that the best possible product is delivered to market.
· Write content for websites where necessary to ensure that the highest quality of material is maintained at all times.
· Proofread all website content to ensure that the highest quality of product is maintained at all times.
· Work closely with site engineers to ensure that any new developments are embraced and thus incorporated into websites.
· Contribute to the content management of the platform to ensure that processes are managed as efficiently and effectively as possible.
· Manage budgets for the sites to ensure that all are delivered within agreed upon costs.
A passionate, enthusiastic and ambitious online editor with a creative and hands-on approach.
· Degree level education
· Good relationship management ability
· Creative and innovative writing
· Excellent organisational ability
· Good oral and written communication skills
· PC literate with good knowledge of contact management software
· Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
· Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
· A team player with the ability to work well with staff members and managers
· Capable of working with and managing the expectations of strong-willed partners
· Preferably two years of online editorial experience